Most people know Van Cleve as an iconic part of Philadelphia’s Main Line for more than 30 years. Our Van Cleve Experience, curated collections of beautiful wedding gowns, eveningwear and accessories are unparalleled.
However, behind the scenes Van Cleve and our owner Deborah Van Cleve have been an important part of the local community. This has extended well beyond dressing the Who’s Who of the region for nearly every major charity event to providing beautiful gowns for charity fashion shows, raising much-needed funds for nonprofits and community groups.
Tomorrow evening Van Cleve will play host in our recently renovated salon for the relaunch of 100+ Women Who Care Chester County.
Their mission is to reach out and help our community by finding at least 100 or more women to each contribute $100, four times a year; that’s $40,000+ annually to local qualified 501(c)3 charities and organizations that are located in and service Chester County. The idea is to keep it local and have an impact that we can see in our community.
Here is how it works:
• Any member of the group can nominate a charity or organization.
• Three charities or organizations are chosen at random from the nominations.
. A member provides a brief presentation highlighting the nominated charities/organizations.
· All members vote for one charity or organization to support.
• Everyone writes a (tax deductible) $100 check, on the spot, directly to the winning charity.
This group is perfect for you if:
• You want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity or organization in your community.
• You do not have time in your busy life for a consistent volunteer commitment.
• You want to be part of creating a compelling new group that will make an immediate, direct and positive impact on your community.
Barclay Friends is the recipient of our first contribution as part of the re-launch, and the charity event will take place tomorrow evening at Van Cleve’s renovated salon. Barclay Friends was established in 1893 to improve the care of the aging in a supportive, homelike, and compassionate atmosphere. They are consistently a top choice for long-term care in the West Chester area.
We hope that you can join us for this fantastic event, or possibly future 100+ Women Who Care events in Chester County!